A few days in the hospital following the birth of a new baby are often not enough for new parents to feel comfortable. Frequently, questions arise after leaving the hospital and settling in at home.
The Beyond Birth Education Program is a newborn home visit offered as a follow-up to hospital discharge. During this visit, the nurse will weigh your baby, check the cord, ask about feedings, and answer questions related to care of your baby. She will also provide support, education, and answer questions about your postpartum healing and role as a mother.
Shortly after your baby's hospital discharge, a Registered Nurse/Certified Lactation Counselor will call or text you to schedule an appointment for a home visit. There is no charge for this service and visits usually last about one hour. We look forward to working with you!
General Information on Pregnancy, Birth, and Parenting:
- Vaccine Information
- Center for Disease Control
- The Children's Hopsital of Philadelphia
- After the Shots/Pain Reliever Dosages
- 10 Things Breastfeeding Moms Should Know
- Lactation Professional Information
- Got Momma
- North Dakota Department of Health and Human Services - Breastfeeding
- Kelly Mom
- Breastfeeding Help
Growth & Development, Parenting and Care Giving:
- Safe Kids Safety Basics and Guidelines
- Consumer Product Safety Commission View and Search Recalled Products
- Poison Help Poison Control 1-800-222-1222
Car Seat Safety Information:
Caring for a Sick Baby:
Safe Sleep and Tummy Time: